Thursday, February 7, 2013

Color Theory & Design


In our Digital Literacies class we were asked to recreate two poster designs with only the help of Microsoft Publisher and our eyes.  The challenge here is to engage design principles by imitation.  So, the first poster was one for Limestone College's Library.  This is my best attempt on recreating it.


This was assigned to improve our skills with the Microsoft publisher software.  For me the challenge was the change in software.  I am trained and used to using the Adobe applications like Photoshop and Indesign to create posters/page layouts.  I found adapting to the Microsoft software to be quite simple and it is probably easier to navigate than Indesign. The second poster was one for our Digital Literacies class. This one is not exactly replicated correctly and I struggled more with it. 
 


We also explored the meaning of color and the effects it has on a user.  Colors mean different things to us and appeal to the eye in different ways.  The color I was assigned in class was green.  Green gives off an “earthy” vibe.  I also feel a sense of crispness, freshness, and relaxation when looking at green images.  You can explore this site to learn more about color theory and the use of color in design.  http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment